B*A*C*H's Blogtastical Playlist


Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Sims 3, the game you pay 40 dollars for to feel like Bruce Almighty. - A Post By Holly (A dedicated Sims gamer...)

That right's folks, I'm writing about the game that we love, then hate, then love some more after not touching it for a couple of months. The much anticipated The Sims 3 is set to release in 2009, unraveling the Sims' world as we know it. This new version will include features not thought possible by past Sim gamers (although we always hoped for it) and amazing/rubbery new graphics.

Cutting to the chase, here is a list of some of the new features:
  • Personality- Finally you can make your Sim have an individual personality! One Sim can hold up to three traits (such as bravery, a great cook, etc..), so go on and make your toon into the paranoid 'skitso' chef that you always wanted it to be.
  • Neighborhood- No more having to call a taxi to take you to and fro, you can now do it yourself! The new and improved Sim neighborhood is limitless, allowing you to actually walk OFF YOUR PROPERTY. How momentous is this? Of course, who's to say your Sims are going to want to walk anywhere when we ourselves need a tractor trailer to go trick-or-treating? I mean, if you're going load up on candy you might as well WALK for it...but that's for another post...
  • Customization- Clothes. Hair. Body type. Nose. You name it, you can customize it. You even have more fabric color options for furniture. So go ahead, make stuff clash.
  • Short-Term/Long Term Goals- Have time to kill? Only have until your boss comes to check your progress on the Hamilton case? No problem. You can achieve short term or long term goals during gameplay, so you still have the self satisfied feeling of accomplishing nothing, however long you have to play.

So there you have it. Sounds pretty promising huh?
For a more official sum up and a behind the scenes video of The Sims 3 go to:
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/home.jsp

Thanks for reading

~Holly~

My writing is mine, and nothing more in this post. I do not own The Sims 3, but really, if I did would I be sitting here writing about it? I think not. I would so be at Disney World (which I disclaim the copyright to also) right now.

1 comment:

PurpleBecca said...

Hello Holly, I think you're the first person to read my blog...and then you commented! Thanks! I've never played the sims, but I am really excited about spore...prolly because I'm a geeky biology person.